A study by the Center for Automotive Research of Ann Arbor, MI, shows Toyota Motor Corp. employs 103,195 workers directly at its U.S. manufacturing and dealer-related operations. Adding that figure to 113,650 intermediate positions, such as those at Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers, and 169,455 spin-off jobs (restaurant, retail, etc.), Toyota is responsible for creating 386,300 private sector jobs nationally, says CAR. CAR found the 386,300 private sector positions generate $14.4 billion in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Study Shows Toyota Job Impact in U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642