CHENNAI — Ford Motor Co. is fast shedding its image here of being a boring car manufacturer to one that is dynamic and consumer driven. The new Ford Ikon, aptly named, is an icon of this change. Spooling back exactly three years to when the Escort was launched in India gives an indication of the upheaval that has happened since, at least to Ford's thinking. The Escort was launched on the premise that Indians fed on a diet of outdated technology for 40 years would pay big bucks for a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Stylish Ford Ikon targets Indian tastes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642