Count Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. among auto makers contemplating shifting production to the U.S. due to unfavorable currency exchange. Subaru of America Inc. President and Chief Operating Officer Tom Doll tells Ward’s if the yen continues its rise against the dollar, parent Fuji may move production of the Forester cross/utility vehicle and Impreza small car from Japan to Lafayette, IN. “We’ve had discussions with (Fuji) President (Ikuo) Mori about this, whether we should bring Forester ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Subaru Contemplates Production Shift; Will Boost Indiana Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642