TOKYO -- Subaru of America Inc. expects the addition of a new 7-passenger multi-purpose vehicle -- a joint project with alliance partner General Motors Corp. -- will help it reach its targeted annual volume of 250,000 units by 2005. The 4-wheel-drive platform that Subaru parent Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. is working on for GM “is something that never existed within GM before,” says Takeshi Tanaki, Fuji chairman and CEO. As a result of the 20-month-old alliance with Fuji, in which GM has a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Subaru, GM Team Up On New MPV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642