Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd., parent company of Subaru of America Inc., is studying whether to produce a crossover-type sport/utility vehicle on a truck chassis, says SOA President George Muller. The vehicle would be targeted to compete with the BMW X5 and Lexus RX 300. No timetable was given for making a decision. Meanwhile, Mr. Muller says that even though Subaru has started off the first quarter of 1999 in strong fashion, the company's U.S. sales volume will be only slightly ahead of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Subaru Mulls Larger Platform" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642