Is America about to blow it? Garrett Engine Boosting Systems sure hopes so. Garrett makes turbochargers, used to breathe more air into an engine. More air means more horsepower and torque, so adding a turbo can make a 4-cyl. feel like a V-6 and turn a V-6 into a V-8. Turbos could be Americaâ€™s answer to better fuel economy, fewer emissions and lower-cost cars and trucks, Garrett executives contend. The problem is, while turbo applications are growing rapidly worldwide, the technology ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supplier Looks to Prove Engine Size Doesnâ€™t Matter" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642