The purchasing chiefs of North America’s largest auto makers face the unwieldy task of getting quality parts to their assembly plants. From day to day, complications arise: Labor unrest at a supplier plant, fires, inclement weather and shipping accidents all can raise the likelihood that parts won’t arrive on time – or at all. But through the daily machinations of supply-chain management, the purchasing chiefs must keep their focus on the end product – the car, truck, minivan or SUV ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Supply Lines: Purchasing Chiefs Speak Out" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642