Suzuki Motor Corp. reportedly is considering gaining control of the Suzuki franchise in Malaysia from distributor DRB-Hicom Bhd. The Edge newspaper quotes unnamed sources as saying Suzuki wants at least a 51% controlling stake in DRB-Hicom’s Suzuki Malaysia Automobile Sdn Bhd. "Suzuki Motor will direct and strategize over matters such as marketing and pricing of vehicles,” the source says. The development comes after DRB-Hicom recently gave up its control in the Chevrolet franchise to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Suzuki Eyeing Control of Malaysian Franchise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642