Suzuki Motor Corp. plans to introduce a pair of production vehicles — a sedan and a sport wagon — based on the concept SX shown at the New York auto show, says President Rick Suzuki. They will be offered in the U.S. in January 2002 with a choice of front or all-wheel drive. The SX (a formal name has yet to be determined) will compete against the Pontiac Vibe, Toyota Matrix and Ford Focus, he says. The SX concept, aimed at young, sports-minded individualists, features a 2L, 16-valve, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Suzuki SX to Make it Into Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642