HENDERSON, Nevada — American Suzuki Motor Corp. was the first automaker to offer V-6 power in the burgeoning compact sport/utility vehicle (SUV) segment when it introduced the Grand Vitara in 1998. Now Suzuki again trumps the competition, saying its new 2001 Grand Vitara XL-7 will be the first small SUV to offer standard 7-passenger seating. That's right: seven persons in a compact SUV. But if the XL-7 qualifies as “small,” then it illustrates how perspectives have been skewed by a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Suzuki upsizes first V-6 powered compact SUV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642