MUMBAI – Years ago, when Ratan Tata first announced his intention of building a new car for the Indian market, most insiders said Tata Engineering would need a global partner to help produce the venture. But Group Chairman Ratan Tata did not oblige. He said at the time of the Indica car’s inception, “We will give India a car built for India rather than adapted for India.” In that he has succeeded, with Indica topping sales charts for 15 months, selling 150,000 cars. Ratan Tata had many ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tata Indica Seeks Global Partner" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642