India’s Tata Motors Co. Ltd. signs a 500 million baht ($13.7 million) joint venture agreement with Thailand’s Thonburi Automotive Assembly Plant Co. to produce 1-ton pickup trucks for the domestic and export markets. Tata will hold a 70% stake in the new JV, while Thonburi will hold the remaining 30%. The deal gives the Indian auto maker entry into Thailand’s booming pickup market. ‘’The introduction of Tata’s pickups and a manufacturing facility in Thailand provide a unique opportunity ...

Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)

"Tata Inks JV to Produce Pickups in Thailand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:

  All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
  Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
  •   Global sales and production data by country
  •   U.S. model-line inventory data
  •   Engine and equipment installation rates
  •   WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
  •   Product Cycle chart
  •   Interrelationships among major OEMs
  •   Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
   •  Historical data and much more!

For pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: or phone: (248) 799-2642

Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.

Already registered? here.