MUMBAI – By paying $2.3 billion for Ford Motor Co.’s loss-making Jaguar Car and Land Rover plants, products and people, Tata Motors Ltd. has braced itself for meeting the tough challenges of the global market ahead. Beyond that, to many, the auto maker’s successful bid for the two global premium nameplates provides a right of passage, announcing to the world that India has arrived. While Tata is claiming JLR intellectual property rights, as well, Ford reportedly says the many ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tata Jaguar-Land Rover Takeover Heralds New Respect for India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642