NEW DELHI — From the moment Tata Engineering & Locomotion Co. (Telco) unveiled its homegrown Indica passenger car at the 1998 Delhi international auto show, it struck a chord deep in the hearts of Indian car buyers. Here was a car the entire nation had been waiting for. Since the start of production last December, Indica has become an overnight success. Not only because it apparently has met its primary objective of providing the exact kind of transport that the Indian public wants, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Telco's new Indica revs national fervor" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642