PARIS – The seemingly unbounded expansionism of telematics in the auto industry in the last two years has smacked into two realities – aside from the luxury segment, most consumers aren’t willing to pay extra for the service and, perhaps more importantly, car companies are in a back-to-basics mode that contrasts with the "new economy" mood in vogue just a short time ago. Some 103 auto industry executives in North America and Europe recently were asked by KPNG management group to name the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Telematics Steering Away from Automotive Applications?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642