Thaksin Shinawatra, Thailand’s prime minister, says DaimlerChrysler AG should consider shifting some production of its Mercedes-Benz luxury cars to his country. Shinawatra, who met with top German executives in mid-November, reportedly pointed out that BMW AG had entrusted Thai workers with production of its top-end 7-Series. He also stressed that Thailand offers sufficient incentives to attract top-name foreign car makers and has created tax cuts aimed at promoting local auto making.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Thai Prime Minister Courts Mercedes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642