Expect still another engine plant investment by Chrysler Group following today's announcement of a $570-million outlay to accommodate production of the auto maker's new V-6 engine family, dubbed Phoenix. The latest investment – destined for the auto maker's existing plant in Saltillo, Mexico – sheds more light on Chrysler's $3 billion “Powertrain Offensive,” unveiled in February but overshadowed by corporate parent DaimlerChrysler AG's admission that the pentastar company was for sale. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Third Chrysler Engine Plant Expected in Wake of Mexico Announcement" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642