North American manufacturers are starting to address their excess inventory problem via cuts in the third quarter production schedule. Most of the trimming so far has come in July, which is expected to post a large shortfall from planned output of a month ago. Most manufacturers are making cuts, with the majority of the reductions at DaimlerChrysler Corp., followed by General Motors Corp. However, Ford Motor Co., on pace to post a large overbuild in July, is bucking the industry trend with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Third-Quarter N.A. Production Schedules Cut; July Set for Large Shortfall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642