DEARBORN, MI – With its $4.1 billion restructuring plan, observers say Ford Motor Co. is doing all it can – too much, says the Canadian Auto Workers union – to reverse its fortunes. The plan – which shutters up to seven plants, eliminates 35,000 jobs globally, significantly reduces capacity and purges the auto maker of four vehicle lines by year’s end – targets a mid-decade turnaround. “I don’t think they could do it any faster,” says Burnham Securities analyst David Healy, referring to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Time Will Tell if Ford Cuts Effective" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642