CANTON, OH – Against the backdrop of a looming possibility of federal legislators hiking auto industry corporate average fuel economy standards by nearly 50%, one longtime supplier is holding out the promise of a large and immediate efficiency boost – for a comparatively minor investment. At a recent presentation at the company’s technical center here, executives and engineers at the Timken Corp. say that they can make any existing automotive engine as much as 5% more efficient simply by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Timken: Major Fuel-Economy Boost for Minor Bucks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642