Despite a massive recall of certain Bridgestone/Firestone tires — those fitted as original equipment largely on Ford Motor Co. sport/utility vehicles (SUVs) and pickups, the company cannot shake the pallor of an out-of-control customer hysteria. After first saying, “properly inflated and maintained,” its Firestone ATX, ATX II and Wilderness AT tires “are among the safest tires on the road today,” Bridgestone/Firestone announced on Aug. 9 a voluntarily recall of those tire lines, which are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tire recall furor won't let up" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642