Don’t expect the Continental tire recall to affect Ford Motor Co. in the same manner as the infamous Firestone campaigns of 2000 and 2001. So says an industry analyst, who notes Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) doesn’t dispute the source of problem. “Continental has immediately come out and said, ‘It’s a tire problem. It’s not a vehicle problem,’” says John Casesa of Merrill Lynch. Bridgestone/Firestone Inc. blamed its woes on the Ford Explorer, which was ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tire Recall Undisputed, But Uncertainty Surrounds Cost Recovery" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642