The deadlock with tire suppliers over pricing has shut down GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co.’s entire Bupyeong, South Korea, production complex, idling 5,000 workers and impacting operations at hundreds of other suppliers that serve the plant. Although only Plant 1 at Bupyeong was affected on Friday, the entire production complex now has had to suspend operations, a GMDAT source tells Ward’s. The two Bupyeong vehicle assembly plants produce some of GMDAT’s most vital export models, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Tire Suppliers Ignore Injunction; Shut GMDAT Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642