NICE, France – If you can’t beat ’em, join ’em. Then beat ’em. That explains Volkswagen AG’s new attitude toward hybrid-electric vehicles as it continues the rollout of its core-brand Touareg Hybrid midsize cross/utility vehicle. As recently as 2005, hybrid technology was derided as “nonsense” by VW’s then-CEO Bernd Pischetsrieder, a major diesel endorser. VW continues to be a leader in diesel technology, but with its mission to become the world’s top auto maker, it now embraces ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Touareg Ice-Breaker for VW Hybrids" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642