Takara Co. Ltd. is stepping out of the box, joining the ranks of fellow Japanese companies Toyota Motor Corp. and Honda Motor Co. Ltd. in producing automobiles. Takara, Japan’s No.3 toy maker, is hoping to create an entirely new segment with its 2010 sports car and Modern Times 2-seat electric vehicles. An 8-hour chargeable battery powers the vehicles, which can be driven on the road and have a top speed of 37 mph (60 km) and a 50-mile (80-km) range on a single charge. A Takara executive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toy Maker Takara Debuts Electric Cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642