BEIJING — Toyota Motor Corp. aims to take a 10% market share in China within five to 10 years of beginning production here, officials say in a published report. Analysts see Toyota's 10% market share goal as an indication that the No.1 Japanese automaker is serious about a future in China, as well as a challenge to Volkswagen AG, which currently dominates the passenger car market. Toyota in 1998 exported 27,000 vehicles to China, giving the auto-maker a 1.7% market share. Toyota is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota aims to grab 10% market share" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642