Toyota Motor Corp. and First Automotive Group (FAW) reportedly are planning to jointly produce luxury models for the Chinese market. Toyota and its current joint venture partner, Tianjin Automotive Industry Corp., will establish a plant in Tianjin, northern China, to begin production in 2005 of a successor to FAW’s luxury Hong-Qi model, says Japan’s Nihon Keizei Shimbun. Toyota’s U.S. arm declined to comment on the report. The paper says the plant’s initial annual capacity will be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota and FAW to Jointly Produce Luxury Models" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642