In a trend that has continued for an unprecedented 14 months, Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. reports August sales fell 9.4% below year-ago levels on a daily basis. While that marks an improvement from July’s 18.7% drop, Toyota spokesman Irv Miller tells the media during a conference call to maintain perspective. “There’s not a lot of reason to go running down the street with balloons and flags,” he says, citing lingering concerns American consumers have about energy costs, the housing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota August Sales Fall 9.4% on Sluggish Truck, Lexus Demand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642