CANBERRA – Toyota Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. is launching a A$5 million ($3.6 million) advertising campaign to convince buyers its gas-electric hybrid-powered Prius has moved from science experiment to mainstream entry. Peter Evans, Toyota Australia senior marketing manager, tells a media briefing that the Prius hasn’t sold well because the car-buying public still thinks it’s a concept car. Prius to launch in Australia. Through October, Toyota had sold 175 Priuses this year, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Australia Markets Prius to Mainstream Consumers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642