YORK TWP., MI – The concept A-BAT hybrid-electric pickup truck that Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. unveiled at the 2008 North American Auto Show in Detroit last January was to be smaller than the existing Tacoma compact pickup truck and geared for a different buyer. But extreme changes in the market this year, including historic declines in pickup sales as fuel prices spiked and a looming 35-mpg (6.7 L/100 km) corporate average fuel economy standard in 2020, now means the A-BAT “could be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota A-BAT Concept Could Be Next Tacoma" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642