Toyota Motor Corp. has begun building its second manufacturing plant in China to produce its Crown luxury model, its Chinese joint venture partner, Tianjin Automotive Xiali Co. Ltd., says. Toyota wouldn’t comment on the report, but a Xiali official tells Reuters the new plant is the second phase of construction at the two auto makers’ 50/50 JV operation in Tianjin, northern China. A local Chinese news report pegged output at the second plant at 50,000 units annually and investment at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Begins Building China Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642