KARIYA, Japan – Even Taiichi Ohno, the father of lean manufacturing and the Toyota Production System, would have been impressed with Toyota Boshoku Corp.’s Sanage factory. Located 20 miles (32 km) north of the supplier’s headquarters here, the Sanage plant makes seats for a series of Toyota Motor Corp. cars, including the Vitz, Camry and Prius. Built into a hillside overlooking a smattering of small farms and homes, the plant has achieved productivity and quality scores that rank among ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Boshoku Seat Plant Hits Quality, Productivity Heights" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642