Hiroshi Okuda, chairman of Toyota Motor Corp., says Japan's top carmaker will produce more vehicles in the markets where it sells them, including the U.S. He also says that Toyota is seeking to increase its return on investment from the current 5%-6% to 10%, or more. Toyota, he says, will continue its NUMMI joint venture with General Motors Corp., although the vehicles assembled at the facility might change from the current products. Mr. Okuda made his remarks at a press conference ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Chief Aims for More U.S. Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642