Toyota Motor Corp.’s Chinese joint venture, Sichuan FAW Toyota Motor Co. Ltd., begins production of the Prius hybrid-electric vehicle. An event to celebrate Job One was held Dec. 15 at SFTM Chanchun, Fengyue Co. in Changchun City, Jilin Province, where the Prius is being built. TMC Executive Vice President Yoshimi Inaba says Prius’ introduction to China comes at a perfect time, as the Chinese government now is encouraging the use of HEVs. “TMC is truly proud that the first-ever ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota China JV Begins Prius Assembly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642