Toyota Motor Corp. completes a $300 million expansion of its Indaiatuba, Brazil, plant, which produces the Corolla, almost quadrupling the plant’s capacity from 15,000 units per year to 57,000, say reports. Toyota will sell the Corolla in Brazil and export it to more than 20 Latin American countries. Toyota also may add a second shift at the plant, increasing the workforce by at least 1,000 people. The auto maker employed 1,166 workers in Brazil last year, where it has been building the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Completes Brazilian Plant Expansion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642