KARIYA, Japan – Toyota Motor Corp. is expected to introduce a new common-rail direct injection system this year on a still-to-be-named diesel passenger vehicle for the European market. The system, developed by Denso Corp., employs a high-pressure pump and 5-stage injectors. It was unveiled last autumn at the Tokyo Motor Show. According to Denso, the system’s high-pressure injectors, reportedly the industry’s most powerful, can operate at 26,100 psi (1,800 bar) regardless of engine speed, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota, Denso Link Up for Common-Rail Diesel Due in Europe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642