NEWPORT BEACH, CA – In crafting the new coupe-convertible version of Lexus IS sedan, Toyota Motor Corp. engineers rethought nearly every facet of the entry-luxury model. Every exterior body panel except for the hood has been changed for the IS-C. Audio and climate-control systems were tweaked to adjust for top-down operation, and underbody reinforcements were changed or added so the convertible would maintain the torsional rigidity of the sedan. But the most talked about new feature of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Develops Lexus IS Convertible Roof In-House" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642