CANBERRA – Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. will end production of the Avalon June 28 after five years on the market to begin preparations for a range of new locally produced passenger sedans scheduled for release next year. “The production of the Avalon at our Altona plant was our first venture into manufacturing a large 6-cyl. passenger sedan and we have learned from the experience,” says David Buttner, Toyota Australia executive director-sales and marketing. “This experience places us ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Ending Australian Avalon Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642