CANBERRA – Australian car makers need to regain their share of domestic vehicle sales to secure their future. So says John Conomos, senior executive vice president-Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd., who insists importers are increasing market share at the expense of local auto makers. Australian new car sales are increasing, but demand for locally produced vehicles basically remained unchanged last year. Importers now have a 70% market share in Australia, double the 35% they held in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Exec Warns Import Sales Will Continue to Outpace Domestics" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642