TOKYO – Given Japan’s expensive gasoline and high population density, it is no surprise to see Toyota Motor Corp. focus on minivehicles and fuel-cell and hybrid-powered models at the 37 th Tokyo Motor Show. Most provocative is the pod-like PM single-person vehicle. Featuring drive-by-wire technology, PM’s wheelbase extends and contracts for driving and entry-exit mode, respectively. The cabin is upright when the driver is getting in or out of the vehicle, and the rear wheels turn ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Floods Tokyo Show With Concepts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642