TOKYO – The latest bold gamble by hard-charging Toyota Motor Corp. appears to be paying off in this mature domestic market, of all places. Sales of the Lexus luxury brand, officially introduced here Aug. 30, are cruising ahead of schedule with more than 9,000 vehicles ordered in September and October. (See related story: Lexus Set to Go Live in Japan) Such success suggests the auto maker has been able to persuade well-heeled Japanese to pay a premium price for models previously badged as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Gambles on Lexus Sales Appeal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642