BANGALORE – Toyota Kirloskar Motor is creating a $100 million global sourcing center for automotive transmissions near its assembly plant here. The auto maker plans to build 170,000 automotive transmission systems with 100% local content that will be exported to Toyota facilities in Argentina, South Africa, Thailand, Malaysia, Venezuela, Taiwan and Indonesia. The new center opens next year. Initially, Toyota explored possibilities for the center in Indonesia, Thailand or the Philippines. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Global Sourcing Center to Open in 2003" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642