Toyota Motor Corp. will import its U.K.-built Avensis sedan into Japan about a year from now, making it the second Japanese auto maker to import a European-made vehicle into the country. The Nihon Keizai Shimbun reports Toyota plans to sell 20,000-30,000 units of the U.K.-built model annually. The vehicle will have a 1.8L engine and is scheduled to undergo a full remodel early in 2003. Honda Motor Co. Ltd. imports U.K.-built CRVs into Japan.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Importing U.K.-Built Sedan to Japan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642