Toyota Motor Corp. says it will increase production capacity in Europe via an additional shift at its Burnaston, U.K., and Valenciennes, France, assembly plants in second-quarter 2004. Annual capacity at Burnaston, which produces the Toyota Avensis, will increase from the current 220,000 units to 270,000, while creating 1,000 new jobs. Output at the Valenciennes plant will rise from 184,000 to 240,000 via the 500 newly created assembly jobs. The plant produces the Toyota Yaris.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to Increase European Production Capacity" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642