LONDON — Hoping to take advantage of yen-euro currency fluctuations, Toyota Motor Corp. reportedly is planning to increase production at its plant in Burnaston. The automaker is looking at transferring production of the 3-door Corolla hatchback from Japan to the U.K. The move would cut the risks of an appreciating yen and would offset the strength of the yen against the strength of the pound. About 180,000 cars were built at the plant during 1999. If the 3-door Corolla is added to the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to increase output in U.K." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642