Toyota Motor Mfg. North America Inc. announces plans to spend $1 billion dedicated annually with minority suppliers by 2005. The new target represents a significant increase from current levels, Toyota officials say. TMMNA, when it established its minority business program in 1997, set 5% as its minority Tier 1 supplier target by 2002. The auto maker reached that goal a year early and this year hit the 6% mark. The new target set a goal of 7.5% annual minority Tier 1 purchases by 2005 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Increases Minority Purchasing Targets" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642