Toyota says it is the first U.K. auto maker to install a large-scale solar panel array in its vehicle plant that will generate enough electricity to brew 150 million cups of tea. Work began in June to install the ground-mounted system at the auto maker’s factory in Burnaston, Derbyshire, where the Auris, Auris Hybrid and Avensis cars are built for the domestic and export markets. The solar array is located on 968,750 sq.-ft. (90,000 sq.-m) of industrial land within the plant grounds and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Installs Solar Panel Array to Power U.K. Car Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642