Toyota Motor Corp. marks the start of V-8 production at its new Huntsville, AL, plant with a May 12 celebration. Toyota Motor Mfg. Alabama Inc. is set to produce 120,000 engines annually for the Indiana-built Tundra pickup. The Alabama facility represents a $220 million investment and currently employs some 300, a number expected to grow to 350 when the plant reaches full production. Huntsville is the first North American Toyota plant to begin production as a zero-landfill facility. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Launches V-8 Production in Alabama" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642