CANBERRA – Australia's new-vehicle sales continued to set records in May, with the month's total of 83,730 units pushing year-to-date deliveries up 5.5% to 397,060. Small passenger-car sales jumped 17.2%, or 12,271 units, over like-2004, while sales in the large car segment fell 9.4%. (See related story: Oz Record April Sales Show Trend Toward Small Cars, SUVs) The SUV segment, at 75,730 vehicles, was 8,166 units, or 12.1%, ahead of prior-year, buoyed by compact and medium-size models. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Leads Oz Industry to Record May Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642