Toyota Motor Corp. reportedly is considering building a version of its Land Cruiser SUV in China. The Japanese auto maker would like to better utilize capacity at a plant that currently builds the Coaster small bus. Some 2,000 units of the Coaster were built last year, at a plant with 10,000-unit capacity. If Beijing approves Toyota’s plans, it would like to begin turning out Land Cruisers in 2004.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota May Build SUVs in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642